Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but this contract role will be based in the UK! Even though you'll find a campus in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
About the team
Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of photos and graphics for our users to use in their designs. These elements play a big part in creating good design.
Thousands of new ingredients are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As a Freelance Photo Curator, your task is to ensure that these photos are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
About the Role
We’re looking for a skilled Freelance Photographer to join the Elements Review Team.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll experience all aspects of paid and/or organic advertising from ideation to production.
What You’ll Do
- Review photographs in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Evaluate photos for overall quality, visual trends and technical execution, following Canva’s aesthetic and guidelines
- Maintain full understanding of expected deadlines and visual preferences
- Proactively remove inappropriate content through strategic sweeps and takedowns and document reports
- Able to work in mid shift schedule
You’ll love this role if you have:
- Have strong passion and proven experience working with photography and design
- You love quality assurance challenges
- You have a stylistic approach and keen understanding of what makes a good content based on design fundamentals and photography principles
- You have an eye for design and can visualize unique content
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability
- You enjoy clear, structured and repetitive tasks
We’d love it if you have:
- Have experience as a photographer or photo editing
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of visual design (lighting, composition, colour etc.)
- A proven ability to select highly relevant, impactful photo styles with a modern aesthetic
- Have quality assurance and operations experience
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Professional portfolio of projects showing exceptional photo content.