Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Technical Program Managers
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), it is your mission to work closely with senior managers and development teams to build a sustainable culture of delivery. You will lead complex, multi-disciplinary programs and be equally comfortable working with leadership to set strategic goals and clarify priorities, as you are working with teams to communicate program status, escalate issues and manage dependencies as you are discussing technical trade-offs with an engineer.
About Teams & Education (T&E)
We have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education. The T&E Super-Group is involved in the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and which drive much of Canva’s revenue. In T&E, we perform everything from crafting & building outstanding product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more. We strive to further grow these products by ten fold globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 4 Groups, 15 teams and almost 200 diverse Canvanauts who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
About the Collaboration Group
The Collaboration group is one of the four groups under T&E and is on a mission to power creativity, work and learning with collaborative design. In 2023, the Collaboration group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. So far we’ve launched a range of communication, real-time, sharing & publishing capabilities but this is just the beginning of our journey. As a Technical Program Manager in the Collaboration Group, you will help us drive towards making Canva a household name in every team.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor and track delivery status across multiple teams and projects
- Promote accountability towards sustainable program delivery
- Technically unblock teams in execution
- Manage open issues relating to program delivery
- Assess and mitigate risks
- Manage dependencies across teams and groups
- Facilitate effective, timely and transparent team decision making practices
- Ensure an appropriate degree of consistency in planning, documentation and core practices across teams to ensure meaningful velocity and promote our ability to scale how teams work across Canva
- Facilitate continual improvement rituals to build the effectiveness of our engineering teams
- Build a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams to influence decisions, drive alignment and prioritisation
- Partner with Group Leadership to facilitate the delivery of Canva's highest priority, complex and multi-disciplinary initiatives
- Partner with the TPM group to help codify and build the TPM craft and practice
Experience you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 years TPM or Program Management experience at a SaaS company
- Deep understanding of Agile product development processes
- Knowledgeable in technical concepts, systems and practices
- Experience working with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver key company initiatives
- A understanding of common B2B Vs B2C GTM approaches and opportunities
- Happy working with Sales and Marketing leaders on creating compelling GTM plans
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems
- Leading with Data, creating compelling stories in partnership with the B2B data lead.
- Process-oriented but flexible in approach
- Motivated to provide an inclusive and psychologically safe environment for our diverse team to collaborate together, in a timely fashion, towards shared goalsIntrospective focus to continually improve the effectiveness of Canva’s teams
- Leadership capability to ensure clarity, alignment and accountability to achieve our crazy big goals
- Ability to think strategically but also able to make crazy big goals happen. This role will be very hands-on!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.