Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home, or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavor of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the FP&A Team
FP&A is a force multiplier, accelerating Canva’s journey on its 2-step plan. Step One – To become one of the world’s most valuable companies, and Step Two – To do the most good we can.
Working closely with leaders across the business, we bring our financial expertise to enable strategic decision-making that drives topline growth, plotting the path from goals to execution through financial planning, driving financial rigour and prudent investment, delivering key insights that lead to meaningful action, and growing the efficiency of our operations.
About the role
FP&A is on a journey to deliver a step-change in financial sophistication and rigor that will drive Canva’s growth. Empowering our business leaders by connecting strategy, goals, planning, and execution we act as trusted business partners whose perspectives are valued and sought after.
We are looking for an influential and transformational leader to lead our FP&A Operations team - someone who seeks to redefine rather than follow the crowd. You are excited by the prospect of driving the evolution of the FP&A Operations function, operating from first principles, and a driven self-starter, who delivers exceptional results and value through the success of their team.
As the Head of FP&A Operations, you will oversee critical components of the P&L, including Cost of Revenues, Research & Development, and General & Administrative functions. You will be responsible for the full spectrum of activities in this space including planning, reporting, forecast accuracy, performance against targets, partnering, and working closely with the broader FP&A team and senior business leaders. You will drive increasing efficiency and powerful decision-making through the implementation of thoughtful frameworks, processes, mechanisms, and data. You are an outstanding coach and mentor who will see your effectiveness multiplied through the growth and development of your team.
What you’ll do
- You will bring financial sophistication and rigour to Canva's cost and operating activities across COGS, R&D, and G&A.
- You will drive and deliver forecast accuracy across company-wide spend through the development of the FP&A Operations team (COGS, R&D, G&A), implementing planning frameworks, mechanisms, processes, and systems along the way.
- You will deliver increasing efficiency to our financial close and reforecast cycles, partnering closely with the broader FP&A, Finance team, and Business leaders.
- You will design, build, and implement planning and reporting of cadences at the executive, and leadership for spend and investment.
- You will partner with the business to build driver-based forecasts that encourage execution, performance, and efficiency.
- You will be a key partner in determining efficient capital allocation and investment decision-making.
- You will bring clarity and cohesion to the narrative of our cost structure and investment thesis.
- You will lead, grow, and develop a motivated team of finance professionals as the next generation of technology finance leaders.
What we're looking for
- Deep technical expertise, operational skills, and a proven record of leading and scaling global FP&A teams that oversee Cost of Revenue, R&D, and G&A.
- A strategic mindset that connects investment decisions to long-term company growth. Demonstrated commercial judgment and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Brilliant communication and stakeholder management capabilities that enable you to collaborate effectively with senior business leaders across the Company to achieve desired outcomes.
- An exceptional leader with equally impressive coaching skills. The ability to empower teams to deliver against complex goals in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
- A leader who continually pushes the boundary, improving and elevating processes and systems to bring increasing value and efficiency to what we do.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge, and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.