What you’d be doing in this role
The Global Services team at Canva is responsible for the localisation of Canva’s product and marketing as well as the tools, processes, and assets that make this mission possible.Every month, more than 90 million Canva users create a design in one of the 100 languages other than English that Canva supports. The localisation specialty is made up of three teams of linguists, project managers, and designers distributed throughout the company with a mission of celebrating the diversity of our growing base of global users and making their Canva experiences delightful.
You’ll be taking ownership of the LOTE (language other than English) experience for one of Canva’s key surfaces. On day one, you’ll join a “sprint” to level up the localisation of your surface, resolving issues that are raised during audits and forming a plan to localise any missing elements in the user experience.
At the moment, this role is focused on;
- Coordinating localisation quality audits to measure and identify localisation opportunities
- Acting as a product area expert, delivering context to both translators and the broader localisation team
- Coordinating localisation projects such as localising creative, copy, and product features for an audience with 100+ language requirements
You're probably a match if
- A basic understanding of product growth
- Expertise with localisation tools and processes; bonus marks for Smartling experience
- Some proficiency with SQL/data analysis
- A tertiary education in linguistics, languages, or localisation
- You love taking things from chaos to clarity — you’re a natural at understanding ambiguous, complex problems and communicating them simply to others.
- You also have the drive to see things through despite changes and setbacks.
- You’re equally comfortable discussing detail with engineers and ideas with product managers and designers.
- You’re great with tech (Atlassian project management tools, basic web development) and you write a mean doc.
- You understand the global user experience and how to improve it, ideally from experience working in a localisation/internationalisation environment within a SaaS company.
- Speaking multiple languages is a huge bonus, as is vendor-side experience with localisation.
About the team
The Global services subgroup sit within the Marketing supergroup but service the whole organisation — from customer support and sales through to our AI features and the core editing product. Global Services is made up of localisation specialists, designers, and language managers (native speaker language experts) who work across the business to achieve our mission of equipping all Canvanauts with the best practices, insights and processes they need to go global. As a key part of Global Services, the Product Localisation team ensures speakers of over 100 languages have a intuitive, localised experience as they utilise all and any of Canva’s products.
This mission involves everything from developing a vision for the global user experience, through procuring translation services via agencies, to maintaining localisation infrastructure roadmaps. If you join us, you’ll be involved in all stages of the development cycle in world-class product teams.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.