Join The Team Redefining How The World Experiences Design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where And How You Can Work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What You’d Be Doing In This Role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re looking for a graphic designer and design educator who is passionate and skilled at facilitating design training sessions. The ideal candidate for this role should have technical graphic design skills and expertise in creative software such as Adobe Creative Cloud. They should also possess a passion for leading training workshops and sharing their knowledge with Canva's Strategic and Enterprise customers.
As a Design Trainer, you will be someone who can:
The Design Trainer will be accountable for Designer-to-Designer training across the US and should be comfortable working autonomously and in a global team. The preferred candidate will have a deep understanding of design and creative suites, so they can speak to other designers within large organizations confidently and facilitate workshops.
Communicate complex ideas simply. The Design Facilitator’s role is to empower our clients to use Canva as their go-to platform, taking design-related topics and making them applicable, engaging, and accessible to everyone. This person needs to be able to take a complex thing and communicate it simply with visuals. All the while making sure that it helps our users learn.
Be the go-to person for Design-related questions. This person is a natural problem-solver, using their knowledge of creative software applications and design principles to solve design-led questions around users uploading and working within Canva from various design software. This person should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
Future thinker on how to maximize training outputs. As this is a new role, this person will develop new ideas to produce content that can be repurposed for multiple brands, building out FAQs and support for the S&S team and their customers.
Communicate effectively with various stakeholders. Communication skills are key. This person will need to be able to communicate clearly and work with internal and external parties to plan and deliver workshops.
Organize effectively. As this person will juggle multiple workshop streams across several customers, they need to be adept at managing their own time and priorities to get stuff done well and on time.
Represent Launch Crew. The Design Trainer will be representing Launch Crew in the US and will therefore work closely with the Sales & Success team as timezones only allow limited screen interaction with the rest of the crew. This means the successful candidate will need to be clear around work expectations and utilizing the global team for requests outside of their remit.
You're Probably a Match If
- You have experience in developing and delivering workshops for business audiences - both virtually and in person
- Experience onboarding new business users to a tech platform
- You're passionate about speaking ‘Design language’ to client’s design departments on how to use Canva to its full potential
- A strong understanding of B2B and enterprise business needs, particularly in visual communication and document design
- Professional presentation skills to facilitate learning to our B2B audiences. You’ll have a confident but natural style presenting to a range of audiences
- Process driven. Able to manage multiple work streams with differing deadlines—keep people on track and informed, and ensure the goals are clear and met.
- Experience working with different stakeholders, keeping calm under pressure, working well with others and communicating clearly - in a team or training environment.
- Ability to navigate a variety of tech platforms including webinar delivery platforms to effectively deliver on the roleAn understanding and ability to work with layout, color, typography, and imagery
- Work with Canva Advisors to understand new/existing customers to understand clients needs and tailor design training to suit.
- A love for design and creativity with a great eye for layout and the ability to work within brand guidelines
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Learn all sides of Launch Crew and jump into creating presentations and templates when in between training sessions and support.
- Must have: Proficiency in visual design software including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Google Slides, Powerpoint
- Must have: Proficiency in the building and executing of brand kits, including core elements around logo usage, color, typography, and brand assets
- Encouraged: High competency in Canva
$118,000 - $134,000 a year
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a Taste Of What's On Offer
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other Stuff To Know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.