Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group:
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data, and our people, spaces and events from information and physical security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver prevent, detect and respond to security risks. The group runs programs across Protective Security, Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
We are seeking a Security Operations Specialist to support the growth of our Protective Security function.
About the team:
Protective Security’s role is to create a safe and secure environment for employees while embracing the company’s values of inclusion and belonging.
As a Senior Protective Security Specialist, you will help build and embed security operational processes to manage our expanding physical footprint. You’ll ensure our approach to security every day upholds Canva’s values and supports our campus operations.
This is an onsite role that will manage the security operations for our largest site, our Sydney Campus. There may also be some minor travel to other Australian Canva campuses if required.
- Reviewing and improving physical security processes and procedures across Canva’s workspaces
- Managing the service delivery of Canva’s security contractors, in partnership with Campus operations
- Maintain and mature Canva's Emergency Management Framework and maturing it across our workspaces
- Develop, embed and lead security incident management processes, including post-incident reviews to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Provide operational security guidance and support across our teams
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with local emergency responders and relevant security partners
- 5+ years experience with security operations/facilities management experience, in a multi-site corporate environment
- 5+years of experience managing vendor contracts and contractors in the delivery of high-calibre security and safety services
- Proven experience leading the response to physical security or safety incidents, including post-incident reviews and process improvements
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including during emergency situations
- Understanding of industry standards, regulations and guidelines related to security operations, security technology and risk management (e.g. AS 3745-2010, ISO 31000:2018).
- Ideally, you’ll be a certified investigator or have proven experience conducting investigations in a corporate environment
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.