Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hello, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to a hub San Francisco, which is now home to our US operations. We offer flexibility in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
- Market Analysis and Strategy - Conduct in-depth analysis of the US government sector (local, state and federal), Healthcare, and Non Profit. market, identifying key trends, challenges, and opportunities. Develop and implement product marketing strategies tailored to meet the unique needs of the public sector.
- Product Positioning and Messaging - Craft compelling value propositions and messaging that resonate with government agencies and organizations. Ensure consistent and effective communication of Canva's value in alignment with government-specific requirements.
- Go-to-Market Execution - Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and implement go-to-market plans for public sector product launches. Define target government agencies and segments, tailoring marketing strategies to address their specific difficulties and priorities.
- Sales Enablement - Provide sales teams with the necessary tools, training, and resources to successfully communicate with government clients. Support the sales process by addressing government-specific inquiries and adapting marketing collateral as needed.
- Cross functional champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing and sales. You’ll have superb partner management and be an extraordinary communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when and how it impacts them.
You're probably a match if
- Minimum of 2+ years of direct product marketing experience working in or with the US government sector.
- In-depth understanding of the intricacies of government procurement processes, compliance standards, and budgetary considerations.
- Exceptional communication skills, which empower all collaborators to support your product strategies
- Ability to build exceptional cross-functional relationships with collaborators from product, marketing, sales, strategy and research
- The ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritize resources.
- Experience running complex cross functional strategies and the ability to influence senior collaborators
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to align marketing strategies with organizational goals.
- As Canva is a fast growing and paced workplace you’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have excellent prioritization skills
- You’re someone with a growth mindset and you're eager to learn and grow every day.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve their goals through Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them daily whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations or printing gifts for your friends, with Canva everyone can achieve their goals.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $149,000 - $230,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.