Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- You will Coach engineers by providing regular, practical feedback and collaboratively help them reach their personal growth goals
- You will set clear goals for the team and rally the team to execution on those goals
- You will ensure that there is a healthy environment for collaboration and the engineering culture within the team is open, pragmatic, and encouraging
- You will own the team’s development methodology and rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives
- You will lead the team’s technical strategy and roadmap in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- You will write and review design documents, break projects down into milestones, and be responsible for project delivery
- You will also have the opportunity to spend a portion of your time actively coding, allowing you to maintain your coding skills and contribute directly to the team's projects.
You're probably a match if
- You’ve been able to balance technical, people and delivery leadership to ensure an impactful engineering team.
- You foster an inclusive culture that allows different specialties (Product Managers, Designers, Finance QA, Data Analysts) to contribute to the team success.
- Experience and expertise is required in relational databases, object oriented language such as Java, APIs, AWS hosting and distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Netsuite or other ERPs would be highly beneficial, though not mandatory
- You have experience in project delivery which will enable you to guide the team to success.
- You have previous experience of running a high-preforming team and are comfortable with delegation and mentoring engineers.
About the team
The Revenue Platform group is deeply rooted within the Growth org at Canva which is responsible for supercharging Canva’s product growth engine. We lead the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone, anywhere to experience the full value of Canva, be it through subscription management, flawless checkout journeys or localised payment experiences.
The Monetization Enablement subgroup within the Revenue Platform is pivotal in allowing other teams in Canva to bring new monetization strategies to market as fast as possible. Comprising of 4 teams the subgroup simplifies how products are sold, how coupon campaigns are run, and how creators on Canva get paid.
The Invoicing team own the Invoice which is the hub which all other revenue services revolve around. It is the source of truth for what has been paid for by the user. Our mission is to provide accurate and clear invoices to all customers. Current challenges include providing invoices in the right format for all markets, expanding the invoice to support larger customer types, and building out more detailed financial reporting. This team is key in supporting new customer types allowing us to scale our business.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
" The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.