What you'll do:
- You will lead and mentor a team of revenue accountants, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture while championing a continuous improvement mindset.
- You will support the sales team, revenue operations group, and customers for B2B, ensuring best-in-class quote-to-cash processes all while providing an excellent customer experience.
- You will review enterprise sales contracts and ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- You will manage month-end close for enterprise sales to ensure revenue journal entries are recorded timely and accurately per US GAAP and internal policies.
- You'll identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the quote to cash process, implementing best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- You will collaborate with Sales and Success and IT teams around enhancements to our contract management and billing and collection systems, to ensure GAAP and SOX compliance.
- You'll work closely with the SOX lead and Accounting team to document processes and establish key controls within the quote-to-cash cycle to ensure compliance and risk management.
- You'll compile and analyze quote-to-cash data, producing regular reports, metrics and insights for management and relevant partners.
You're probably a match if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. CPA is a plus.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with a proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- You have in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition based on the requirements of ASC 606 (US GAAP).
- You have proven experience in custom contract reviews, subscription billing processes and systems, invoicing, and collections strategies.
- You are an expert in project management, system design and implementation.
- You come with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external partners.
- You are highly organized, and attention to detail, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and delve deep into processes and systems.
- You have proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with the capacity to identify issues and implement solutions proactively.
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
About the Team
As Canva continues to rapidly grow and expand its product offerings, the Revenue Accounting function plays a critical role in managing and navigating the increasing complexities of revenue accounting, systems and operations. The Revenue Accounting team aims to deliver a frictionless quote to cash process and exceptional customer service to our internal and external partners.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Corporate Accountant - Paddy Nordstrom has to say about working in Finance at Canva:
"I support the wider finance squad with any tricky technical accounting, as well as ensuring our financial reporting withstands external scrutiny. Every day Canvanaut's are coming up with crazy big goals (and making them happen!), which means lots of new and funky accounting challenges."
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $169,000-$260,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are looking for an Revenue Accounting Lead who is highly motivated to solve complex problems and deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external partners. The successful candidate will be a team player, collaborating with finance and sales leaders within the organization to support the company's overall strategic objectives and growth plans.
Reporting to Finance Leadership, you will collaborate with teams across the United States, Australia and the Philippines to help us on our mission to deliver best in class quote to cash. You will take part in contract reviews, revenue recognition, billing and collections, and month-end close. Your strong leadership will inspire and rally the team to successfully achieve our crazy big goals.