Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Coaching a team of data specialists, composed of Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers, and acting as a driver of data strategy in the User Help Experience group.
- Collaborating with multiple teams to drive and and keep things moving. Nobody tells you what to do; you identify the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and you see it through.
- Managing project intake, pipeline, prioritize, and staffing against key initiatives as well as owning projects, data models, dashboards, and other artefacts and keeping them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment.
- Finding insights that help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks.
- Suggesting and running interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics - when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph.
- Using our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
You're probably a match if:
- You have demonstrable experience leading data specialists, defining team strategy, and data roadmaps.
- You’ve got a background in strategy or entrepreneurship is a big plus. You can help non technical stakeholders connect the dots and provide insights into the business strategy.
- You’re comfortable working with UX research to tie qualitative and quantitative data together
- You have a strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- You have experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R and optimising product funnels, running experiments, and building dashboards that effectively communicate results and outcomes.
About the team
User Help Experience is a Group within User Voice Supergroup. You’ll be coming into a diverse data team of 14 people, who really do enjoy finding answers to the problems that our users have. We’re looking forward to continuing to grow our team and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals and help more people.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.