Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Design and lead end-to-end internal communications programs that inform, engage and inspire our team of 4,000 Canvanauts across the globe.
- Partner with teams and stakeholders across the company to guide complex change management initiatives.
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Global Communications, Events, Engineering, Product, Design, People and Operations to ensure clear messaging cascades to our team across the globe.
- Bring our Celebration of Diversity work to life through thoughtful and inclusive programs, partnering with our internal Canva Communities and Celebration of Diversity Team to create a culture of belonging and inclusion.
- Manage our company-wide communication channels and cadences including our all hands, company newsletters and major internal events with a focus on driving engagement and alignment.
- Support and provide counsel to leaders across the company to communicate with their teams and the wider company.
- Distill complex topics into compelling messages, build and manage creative campaigns, and design crisp written and visual content.
- Support other communications activities and campaigns as required.
You're probably a match if
- 6+ years of experience in an internal communications, chief of staff or people experience role within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional written, visual and verbal communicator including familiarity with Canva
- Proven ability to translate complex concepts into clear and compelling narratives
- Exceptional at planning, prioritising, and executing simultaneous projects
- You have navigated complex stakeholder environments to drive tangible outcomes
- Tenacity for impact, execution and delivery with scalability
About the team & role
As an Internal Communications Manager at Canva, you’ll join a small and highly impactful team that keeps our team of 4,000 employees (affectionately known as Canvanauts) connected, inspired and engaged worldwide.
You’ll help to develop the strategies and programs needed to disseminate the right information, to the right audiences, through the right channels, at the right time. You’ll work closely with various internal stakeholders to ensure our unique culture, mission and values come to life while helping to scale our approach to internal communications as our team grows across the globe. Day to day, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our team is equipped with the information needed to do the best work of their lives.
No two days are the same at Canva and we’re looking for an experienced operator with exceptional written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex stakeholder environments and a passion for rallying people around a single unified plan. The ability to roll up your sleeves and jump between multiple projects while bringing clarity to ambiguous situations under tight timelines is essential for this role. The successful candidate will thrive working with a wide range of stakeholders and will be energized by being part of a fast-moving and innovative company.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.