Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At Canva, our mission is to empower the world to design, and we’re looking for insightful data analysts who can help us make that happen.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Helping us understand the cost, reliability and performance of our customer facing product features.
- Helping us level up our experimentation and business intelligence practices and platforms.
- Building products / capabilities for our large group of Data Scientists to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their work.
- Working cross Supergroup and cross-functionally with a range of different stakeholders including Backend Engineers, Product Managers and Leaders.
- Mentoring junior team members and helping up-skill them technically.
You're probably a match if
- You have experience working in a centralised data function / team and are excited about building products and practices that uplift other Data Scientists as well as non-technical data customers.
- You have a proven track record of ideating, building and deploying Data Science solutions for real problems.
- You have strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- You have experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R.
- You have a grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred; but not required.
- You have experience with very large data sets is a huge plus, but not required.
- You are a strong communicator both verbal and written and are able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
About the team
The Data Supergroup at Canva is responsible for building Canva’s innovative data infrastructure, platforms and services that enable Canva to deliver high impact outcomes to our customers and our business. We support all of Canva, both business operations and product development, across data warehousing, machine learning, insights, measurement, experimentation, data management and more with a common goal to enable both our people and our models to make the “best” decisions, in a safe, trusted and compliant way.
The Data Insights & Management group, as part of the Data Supergroup at Canva, aims to enable significant, scalable and sustainable value via data and insights, through building a world-class data platform and empowering Canvanauts with efficient & effective data capabilities. Our team, the Foundational Metrics team, is a team of Data Scientists in the Data Insights & Management Group. Our team’s mission is to ensure all Canvanauts are acting on the same top-line metrics. We focus on providing operational visibility on Canva-wide metrics as well as building tools and platforms to empower other Data Scientists to do their best work.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.