Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Coaching . You'll coach and mentor a small team of Product Designers working in different groups across the Content space. You'll provide design feedback to team members with sensitivity and honesty, helping them to grow and develop their skills.
- Product Design Leadership : You'll be responsible for ensuring that the product design coming out of the Content Group meets our high standards of simplicity and usability. You will lead by example, guiding the team towards achieving their goals.
- Vision and Strategy . You'll clearly define the design vision, strategy and roadmap for the Content group, partnering with senior stakeholders, and creating clarity through your communication by simplifying complex things.
- Scale the Product Design team . You'll plan for future design resourcing needs within your team/group/supergroup.
- Prioritisation . You'll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to ensure that the team prioritises the most valuable features. You'll take a broad, conceptual view and ensure that we are delivering the most impact.
- Research . You'll deeply understand competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, and user and business insights.
- Shape and establish design processes . By driving design best practices, you'll enable more significant impact and efficiency across the team.
You're probably a match if
- You have end-to-end product design experience : You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- Experience coaching Product Designers : You've led a small team of Product Designers and you're passionate about the development and growth of others, empowering them to achieve crazy big goals.
- Effective communication skills : You can confidently communicate future design direction with senior stakeholders, including founders, and inspire positive action within your team to bring the vision to life.
- A high bar for design : You strongly advocate for ensuring clean, elegant, and usable design. You can provide guidance and feedback to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Exceptional visual communication skills : You can communicate ideas and information visually to inspire, influence and tell a compelling story.
- A collaborative approach : You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Data Fluency : You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
- Flexibility : Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, so it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Growth Mindset : You're eager to learn and develop your skills while having fun!
About the Group
The Content Group is on a bold mission to create a content library like no other. A library that's vibrant, diverse and reflects our local communities worldwide. To fulfil this vision, they're equipping a global community of content creators with the tools, inspiration, and resources they need to create and innovate within Canva and beyond.
At Canva, our design resources library is the heartbeat of our success. It's where users find inspiration, explore possibilities and start creating. Our library's templates make it easy for millions of users to make designs with ease every week. That's why we're constantly refreshing our content mix, from both our internal teams and Canva Creators, to bring their unique flair to the table!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.