Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Defining early-stage products using your UX skills to navigate complexity and identify innovative solutions to real user problems. You'll prioritise our users' needs and strategic business goals, guiding your team through the process.
- Creating intuitive and delightful user experiences through your UI and interaction design skills. You'll utilise flows, mockups, and prototypes to communicate your ideas to both internal teams and end-users. You'll also be sweating the details to keep Canva’s quality bar high in everything you create.
- Designing innovative experiences by collaborating with AI/ML experts, connecting technical opportunities to user needs.
- Communicating and building alignment with partners across your supergroup, securing buy-in on your team's ideas and direction.
- Contributing to building our design culture within the User Voice supergroup by working closely with our design team.
You're probably a match if you have
- End-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- A highly Collaborative Approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- A Problem-first mindset. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Experience driving the vision of a complex product or feature. You love big-picture thinking and coming up with innovative solutions to the problem.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Excellent engineering literacy. You love working with engineers and solving complex technical problems.
- Interaction Design Experience. You're able to use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
About the team
Looking for a team that is passionate about using groundbreaking technology to revolutionise the way Canva provides help and support? Look no further than the AI Experience team, whose mission is to empower seamless and efficient help experiences across Canva by harnessing the power of AI.
This team is made up of accelerators who are always on the lookout for problems that could be solved using AI and ML, and who rapidly build, ship, and hand over solutions to make sure Canva is always one step ahead. They are also enablers, in building and maintaining the foundational AI/ML systems needed for help and support use cases.
But that's not all - the AI Experience team is also a team of stewards, responsible for the governance and ownership of data across the Supergroup. With a friendly, kind, and approachable style, this team is committed to inclusivity and making sure that everyone's needs are met. If you're keen to join a team that is dedicated to using AI to make the world a better place, this is the team for you.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.