Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
The Revenue Platform group is deeply rooted within the Growth org at Canva which is responsible for supercharging Canva’s product growth engine. We lead the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone, anywhere to experience the full value of Canva, be it through subscription management, flawless checkout journeys or localised payment experiences.
The Monetization Enablement subgroup within the Revenue Platform is pivotal in allowing other teams in Canva to bring new monetization strategies to market as fast as possible. Comprising of 4 teams the subgroup simplifies how products are sold, how coupon campaigns are run, and how creators on Canva get paid.
The Invoicing team own the Invoice is the hub which all other revenue services revolve around. It is the source of truth for what has been paid for by the user. Our mission is to provide accurate and clear invoices to all customers. Current challenges include providing invoices in the right format for all markets, expanding the invoice to support larger customer types, and building out more detailed financial reporting. This team is key in supporting new customer types allowing us to scale our business.
About the Role/Specialty
As an Engineer in this team you will:
- Design, develop and deploy solutions via hands-on software development. Work closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identify opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals
You're probably a match if:
- Highly competent in backend development, with a deep knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Strong knowledge of building APIs and leveraging databases
- Able to work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements, iterate ideas and build custom solutions
- Capable of identifying solution options, weighing tradeoffs and proposing a scalable software architecture that solves a given business problem
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to different audiences, including non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable working as part of a highly cohesive and collaborative team with frequent interactions, regular pair programming and code review
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.