Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role is focused on:
- You will be responsible for leading motivated engineers who build, run, and analyze experiments across our application.
- You will lead your team to productize successful experiments, as well as to develop tools and improve code structure to help our teams conduct experiments efficiently.
- You will Coach engineers by providing regular, practical feedback and collaboratively help them reach their personal growth goals.
- You will set clear goals for the team and rally the team to execution on those goals.
- You will ensure that there is a healthy environment for collaboration and the engineering culture within the team is open, pragmatic, and encouraging.
- You will own the team’s development methodology and rituals such as sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives.
- You will lead the team’s technical strategy and roadmap in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- You will write and review design documents, break projects down into milestones, and be responsible for project delivery.
- You will also have the opportunity to spend a large portion of your time actively coding, allowing you to maintain your coding skills and contribute directly to the team's projects.
- You will work in cross-functional teams with UI/UX designers, content designers, product managers, and engineers (including QA and data analysts) to meet the needs of your team.
You're probably a match if
- Proven success in people and technical leadership
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles; comfortable contributing to design documents and performing thorough code reviews and at times, coding when needed
- You’ve got experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions
- Strong ability to influence and work cross-functionally across several internal teams, to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds, with different expertise, and with different professional and personal needs
- Measurement-oriented, and have experimentation mindset
Bonus experience (not mandatory):
- You have experience in React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- You’ve got experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- You have experience working with product growth teams is a bonus!
About the team
Responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, Canva’s most significant revenue contributors with millions of subscribers, the Monetisation group is deeply rooted within the Growth supergroup. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences.
We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new paid features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
"The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
About the Mobile Growth team:
Our mobile app is home to millions of active users internationally, and is fast becoming the platform of choice in many markets. Growing our mobile revenue is a critical goal and requires us to tailor our strategy to meet the unique needs of our mobile users.
The Mobile Growth team will own our mobile monetisation strategy for solo and small teams, roadmap and cross-functional working group. The team will be responsible for driving a wide range of mobile-only and mobile-first initiatives, including but not limited to mobile app surfaces and flows, subscription plans and app store partnerships. The team will also build expertise to be a center of excellence on building a mobile-first experience, providing guidance and input to the Monetisation group and other product teams at Canva.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.