About the role
Scaling how we grow our organic traffic and new active users is a critical goal across the business and in this role, you will be working with the programmatic SEO team to leverage AI and machine learning to supercharge page launches. This role will have an enormous impact in scaling the SEO strategy, to automate many facets of the launch page process, and help Canva’s core metrics such as logged out sessions and new active users.
What you will achieve in the first 3-6 months
- Gain an understanding of the the types of pages we have, and the process that goes into launching the page (including the people and systems involved)
- Build working relationships & cadences with key stakeholders such as product, SEO specialists, data, content teams, pages platform, marketplace group, etc.
- Prioritise, evaluate, plan and execute on SEO’s product roadmap for improving workflows.
- Develop strategies and capabilities to support the global growth strategy such as improving template availability and evergreen content, and for launching new types of pages and onboarding interactions
- Build a data and user insights driven culture within your team.
- Work with the Data team to review existing and define new success metrics to set up the structure for reporting and monitoring business performance.
- Own the cycle planning process for your product by helping to define the goals, key metrics, milestones and prioritising the work necessary to achieve them.
- Report on and share learnings of programmatic SEO to key stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Identify the highest impact growth opportunities to rapidly scale SEO growth, size the opportunity and if needed, build a business case for it.
- Partner with SEO specialists (incl. i18n), Engineering, Data Analytics, Product Design, and Content Strategy to conceptualise, scope, build and execute on opportunities
- Conduct market analysis, user interviews to identify opportunities, and inform decision making and product enhancements.
- Create project roadmaps for the team to act on and prioritise individual tasks based on impact, confidence and ease.
- Manage and drive a portfolio of initiatives, including both in-flight projects and ideas that you and the team come up with.
- Unblock the team and ensure projects are moving forward.
- Be an internal subject matter expert on your respective product area. Develop a data-driven mastery of our businesses, work with stakeholders to determine and track the right metrics, set targets for important drivers and leading indicators, and share performance updates with stakeholders.
What we look for
- You have experience working on SEO and using automation to scale growth in large scale websites
- You are analytical and love diving into data (Bonus: familiarity with SEO tools and platforms)
- You thrive on collaborating with cross functional and international stakeholders
- You have prior experience in process mapping and optimization
- You have a persistent desire to leverage automation and machine learning to do things more efficiently
- You have a track record of being an owner and getting projects from idea to launch!
- You have strong project management skills, coordinating the roadmap and getting results
- You have a sharp eye for a great product experience
- You consider yourself a strong all-rounder; data, research, strategy, product mock-ups - whatever it is, you can comfortably wear the hat
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since its launch in August 2013, Canva has grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. We take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love.