Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
About the role
This is an individual contributor role, where you will lead and be accountable for projects, processes and craft mentorship without having any formal people management responsibilities.
The Trials Adoption team’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of our paid plans, Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, across all platforms. You will have the opportunity to unlock our next level of growth by designing how our users discover our paid features and premium content, as well as shaping how our users upgrade; by optimising our plan selection and upgrade flows.
Your sphere of ownership covers how our users:
- Discover premium content and features which we think they will love;
- Learn about current promotions and premium feature launches within the product;
- Find and pick the right plan for them;
You will work closely with a cross-functional team to design experiments that articulate and test hypotheses, wielding data to provide insights that inform a path forward. You are motivated by fast-paced, iterative product improvements that truly move the needle.
You will work with designers, product managers and engineers across the Monetisation group, and have a collaborative, team-focussed design mentality. You are excited for, and have experience in, leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle challenging user problems and are comfortable collaborating with, and influencing, stakeholders to achieve alignment and buy-in.
- Build the best-in-class premium experience. You'll investigate inspiration and motivation for how our community experiences our paid products.
- Strategy & Vision. You'll work closely with the Product Lead to define and articulate the product strategy and vision for the Trials Adoption space.
- Collaborate. You'll work closely with PMs/Engineers within the Trials Adoption team, to create a holistic and consistent experience across all touch points for our subscribers.
- Iterate. You'll gather learnings to iterate through the use of research and data—we have a close relationship with our users which enables us to unearth valuable insights to improve their experience.
About the Growth Supergroup
The extraordinary growth Canva has experienced to date has been primarily bottom-up and led from within our product, and the Growth ‘supergroup’ is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth.
On a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva, this cross-functional, global org of 265+ passionate people, is made up of four product groups, Activation & Engagement, Monetisation, Expansion, and Revenue Platform, and two B2B sales motion groups, High Velocity and Sales & Success.
The work Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products and experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products, through to scaling sales to high value enterprise customers.
About the Monetisation Group
Responsible for supercharging the growth of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, Canva’s most significant revenue contributors with millions of subscribers, the Monetisation group is deeply rooted within the Growth supergroup. We own the strategy and roadmap to empower anyone to experience the full value of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams, be it through seamless upgrade flows, localised subscription offerings or personalised onboarding experiences.
We do everything from conducting research & analysis to accelerate monetisation internationally to introducing users to new Pro features and enabling existing subscribers to make the most of their subscription.
Pricing & Packaging will be focusing on accelerating the adoption of Canva Pro and Canva for Teams across all platforms and in our international markets. The team will focus on tailoring our products to fit the needs of our users better through flexible subscription plans, pricing strategies and mobile-first product strategy.
What we are looking for
- End-to-end Product Design Experience. You've designed and shipped multiple products or features across various platforms.
- Highly Collaborative Approach. You're happiest when working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Problem-first mindset. You're obsessed with identifying gaps/opportunities and enjoy deeply investigating ambiguous problems.
- Effective Communication skills. You create clarity through your communication by making complex things simple. You can confidently present your ideas and tell a compelling story to the broader team.
- Data Fluency. You love using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success. If you have experience or a good understanding for A/B testing and experimentation practices, it would certainly be a plus.
- Pragmatism. You know when to be scrappy to get something delivered, and when to push back to really uncover the root user need
- Strong engineering literacy. You love working with engineers and solving complex technical problems.
- Stakeholder Management. You build trust with your teams and know when to bring the right people together to achieve common goals.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing. You're skilled in turning the outcomes into data to drive your design solutions.
- Interaction Design Experience. You're able to use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- You excel in UI Design. You're driven to create strong visual designs that align with brand and design systems.
- Growth Mindset. You're eager to learn and develop your skills whilst having fun along the way!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.