At Canva, we are constantly looking for innovative and driven individuals to join our team. Currently, we are searching for a skilled backend engineer who can help us expand the usage of domains across our platform.
As a backend engineer, your primary role will be to develop and maintain the Domains product that is used in Canva. This will involve working closely with our product development team to identify areas where the product can be improved, and then implementing those changes in a way that is seamless and efficient for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock back-end works that help your group
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and optimally advocate for engineering needs to non-technical team members within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Finds opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new insights and improvements that help achieve our goals.
What we're looking for
- Commercial experience developing complex web applications
- Most of our code is in Java, so you will be comfortable using Java
- Computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and support you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time-consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have a choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.