Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Empowering a team of senior & staff level frontend engineers, and create a collaborative & open team environment, where everyone can make incredible impact to our new product offering
- Be a technical lead, solving the most ambitious problems, and guiding the team to deliver results
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand and contribute to the product roadmap.
- Driving the planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring there is alignment between the company, group, and teams.
- Owning and driving the delivery of cross-team, and cross-group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion, with autonomy and independence of decision making.
- Modelling initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions.
You're probably a match if you have:
- Strong technical foundation of frontend engineering
- Balancing short-term pragmatism with a steadfast commitment to building the right thing for our long-term goals. Track record of product deliveries, ideally with greenfield projects.
- Ability to lead, coach & grow a strong, senior, engineering team
- Commercial experience in a software development environment, ideally with experience in building internal/external SDKs or APIs.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to break large projects down into smaller ones and deliver on them through others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
About the team
We're building a new product offering in Canva's visual worksuite. This will support a whole new range of jobs-to-be-done, and level up many existing features. This is a big bet that will deliver major growth for Canva, and reframe our place in the market. We're diving deep to solve difficult technical problems and make complex tasks simple for our users. We're working right at the heart of Canva's editor - from our sync/saving stack to magical editing interactions.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll work closely with leaders across specialties, teams, and groups to develop & implement a greenfield project to a fully launched and successful product. You will coach a highly capable team of senior - staff level frontend engineers, taking them from good to great.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.