Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
About the Team:
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The mission of Canva's Page Experience team is to refine and standardize the communication of our key business priorities through landing pages, focusing on optimising for scale and conversion. We play a crucial role in driving strategic alignment across the business, ensuring a robust foundation for building enduring brand saliency.
Join our dynamic team as a Senior Engineer and be at the forefront of transforming our user experience on a global scale! As a key member, you will help lead the charge in revamping our global navigation, utilizing your expertise to create seamless and intuitive user journeys. Dive into the realm of experimentation as you design and execute strategies to elevate conversion rates, driving measurable impact on our business. Collaborate across diverse product surface areas to standardize communication, ensuring key business priorities are represented. Your role extends beyond coding; you will be a catalyst for consistency and scalability in messaging. You will be a strategic influencer, playing a pivotal role in aligning diverse groups towards a common vision. Join us on this journey, where your skills will not only contribute to cutting-edge engineering but also shape the strategic direction of Canva!
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Working alongside product managers and designers to build, experiment with, and deploy efficient and reusable front-end components and features.
- Designing creative and efficient engineering solutions to optimize on-page content and user journey, to help standardize communication, ensuring key business priorities are represented across Canva pages.
- Designing, Developing, and maintaining an internal system that manages Canva’s global navigation UI, content, and localization pipeline for 100+ languages.
- Having good coding and testing practices, and participating in design and code reviews.
- Collaborating across teams and specialties on new ideas and enhancements to help achieve our goals
- Taking ownership and driving projects from start to finish.
You're probably a match if:
- You possess solid computer science fundamentals and have extensive knowledge of browser-based technologies and modern standards. This includes but is not limited to:
- HTML, CSS, a11y and basic UX principles
- basic web security & privacy controls (CSRF, CORS, CSP etc)
- web fundamentals such as DNS, HTTP, and modern web delivery techniques such as SSR, CDNs, Edge compute
- You have experience developing rich applications across various browsers and devices, and can write performant, reusable code for a11y, and i18n-ready UI components.
- You have a strong foundation in automated testing techniques (including unit, integration, visreg, and E2E tests), and a firm grasp of observability and reliability fundamentals.
- You possess excellent communication skills that allow you to build relationships with a diverse group of people, enabling you to drive impact across the company.
- You have a keen heart and a solid understanding of delivering value, not just code.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
-Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
-An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
-Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.