Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, hello, hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora, 你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Leading a dynamic team of People Systems Engineers across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines to ensure service delivery, compliance, risk mitigation and mature change management.
- Building a highly effective and efficient team through hiring of quality talent, mentorship of capable team members, and implementation of scalable methodologies and processes.
- Championing agile practices to improve the entire lifecycle of product and service delivery while promoting continuous improvement in team processes.
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of all aspects of multiple projects to ensure alignment with the business, technology strategy, and stakeholder needs.
- Engaging with various collaborators to facilitate prioritisation and discussions on critical issues and projects including option analysis & root cause analysis, in order to maximise the value and alignment to our vision and strategy
- Guiding and supporting our internal operations groups to define and recommend best practice business process improvements that our systems can scale efficiently.
You're probably a match if:
- You have technical expertise in enterprise HRIS and People Systems (Workday preferred)
- You’ve got strong experience implementing and supporting key people technology solutions such as ATS, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, HRIS, and people experience tools.
- You have a proven track record of building teams through effective hiring and implementation of methodologies that enable secure systems at scale.
- You can effectively leading a team of system engineers, focusing on coaching, mentorship, and support designed to foster their professional and technical capabilities.
- You’ve got significant experience in managing the entire lifecycle of product and service delivery, as well as promoting continuous improvement in team dynamics using the ITIL framework and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- You have exceptional problem solving skills with a passion for efficiency, automation and process improvement. You’re able to diagnose a problem or gap, identify solutions and lead correction efforts
- Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, capable of building strong, meaningful and lasting professional relationships. You think and act as We, not Me.
About the team
The People Foundations Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our employees to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be integrated with the People strategy so we can realise our vision of being the best company in the world.
We strive to ensure our systems and processes are set up to scale, balance risk, and security to enable a robust control environment, while allowing the business to grow and move fast to achieve its objectives.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.