Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva is an online platform that is available across the globe with millions of users worldwide, and our Premier Support Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users and keep them engaged through social media and their respective communities.
Social media and online communities are the fastest and most accessible ways to interact with our users, which means that our specialists are our front-liners. We are active on different social media platforms such as: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Canva community groups. We create valuable content and engage with users in real-time ensuring that each message, mention, tweet, post, and share - are responded to and given its much-deserved #Canvalove.
You have a passion to solve problems and a zest to empower team members to do the best work of their lives. You are driven and passionate about user engagement and ensuring our customers are provided with a positive and efficient social media experience. You are incredibly tech and social-media-savvy, comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. You display a great attention to detail, and an ability to put yourself in our users’ shoes. We need someone who loves challenges and is adaptable to change. Do you want to work within a diverse, cross-cultural, customer-oriented organisation? Yes? Then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing...
- Upholding and living by the Canva values
- Leading a team that is actively and creatively supporting our users on Canva’s social media accounts ensuring that everyone enjoys a tailored and positive user experience.
- Conduct effective coaching, individual or group discussions with members to set clear goals and expectations, monitor performance and provide constructive feedback with action-driven next steps
- Tailor-fit coaching styles effectively to different working styles of team members
- Take full responsibility for the overall output of the team
- Drive the team to realign focus on what’s important for the business
- Actively remove blockers that hinder members to achieve individual and team goals
- Tie up different people with diverse skill sets and drive them to become a high performing team
- Challenge and stretch team members to help them pursue their career aspirations while maintaining alignment with business goals
- Uphold Canva’s core customer service value of customer centricity in order to produce long-term customer loyalty and happiness.
- Collaborate within immediate teams, or other customer happiness verticals for cross-team projects and initiatives.
- Align with results-based performance; deeply understand prioritizing key performance indicators as an individual and as a team.
- Be an authentic Canva Ambassador, fully-equipped to represent Canva across both internal team communications and external customer engagement.
You’d love this role if…
- You’ve had significant and relevant experience in supporting customers across different social media platforms.
- You are an effective problem-solver and resolve problems to make others feel that their concerns are valid.
- You have knowledge and understanding of Sprout Social - Canva’s primary tool for social media engagements.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have exposure to a customer centric environment
- Can deliver individual results through collaboration and with a team goal in mind
- Self-motivation for growth and learning; can proactively put themself outside of their comfort zone
- Adaptability and flexibility; can tackle blockers and challenges with an open mentality and “what-alternatives-do-I-have” demeanor
- Patience, empathy and integrity to complement our core values of Be a Good Human and Be a Force for Good
- Amenability to 24/7 shifting schedules, including rotating shifts, weekday rest days and split offs
- Direct customer service experience within email and chat support is a huge plus!
What are we looking for:
- At least 5-years leadership experience in customer service managing a high-performing team
- Social Media Support Management experience is a huge plus!
- Previous experience handling both email and chat transactions
- Experience leading a team during a rapid growth phase
- In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices, software, and other relevant systems and tools
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets, and leading with a bias for continuous improvement
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Proven ability to influence, energise, develop and drive change
- Grace under fire: ability to present in front of large groups, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate composure in stressful situations
- How to engage with Canva's social media users in a creative and personal way
- Experience supporting social media sites with more than a million followers.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.