Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering a strong brand experience across our event and experiential touchpoints. We want someone who can create purposeful activations that evolve with culture and showcase the power of Canva, technology, and community.
You’ll need to be naturally tapped into the zeitgeist of art, design, technology, and events and have experience in event marketing, experiential activations, and translating brand strategy into the real world. You should be able to ideate, lead, and realize concepts from spark to execution, as well as contribute to our bi-annual product launch event - Canva Create.
The successful candidate should be comfortable creatively leading projects from start to finish, working with agencies, and liaising with different teams. You will collaborate with the Canva Creative Team, including designers, videographers, motion designers, illustrators, and producers, and work with Leadership, Marketing, Product, and Partnerships teams to achieve foundational company goals.
- Conceptualize and design creative solutions for Canva’s experiential roadmap
- Lead experience and environmental design across projects of various scales
- Develop strategic approaches for Canva’s yearly roster of event activations and empower other teams execute to perfection
- Ensure consistency across all experiential touchpoints
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers, art directors, animators, videographers, and marketers
- Familiarize yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions
You're probably a match if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in a similar role (Senior Creative, Lead Designer, Design Director or similar)
- Strong visual communication skills with a focus on experiential, environmental, and event activation and branding
- Comfortable with chaos and finding solutions without perfect precedents. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- Eager to learn and evolve
- Collaborative and focused on building trusted relationships with the team
- Balances creative and strategic excellence
About the team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, experiential and events, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang Santos has to say about working in Design at Canva -
" I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.