Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on, leading the Support Profile and Pathways team to uplift our chatbot experience and how our users get in touch with us (diagnostic flow). You'll also be defining and implementing our personalisation strategy to make sure every users is receiving the right help at the right time.
- Leading and coaching a motivated team of 5 engineers (mix of frontend and backend)
- Support the team's growth via feedback and impact reviews
- Responsible for the break-down and delivery of large projects
- Operate service(s) with excellence
- Partner with senior members of the team to guide the technical vision
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development– working closely with leads, designers, and product managers
- Foster an impactful and engaged team via a healthy code review culture, knowledge sharing, design showcases, and process improvements
- Advocate for engineering needs to non-technical partners within the group
You're probably a match if you have:
About the team
The Help and Support domain, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a delightful experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimised contact flow, skilled support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Centre, Assistant and chat experience.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager, you'll lead the team who are impacting the self-help experience of our 130 million monthly active users and counting. You will get to work on projects that are key to Canva's strategic goals.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.