Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Reporting to the FP&A Senior Analyst (located in Sydney HQ), this role will be an integral member of the Corporate FP&A team and will be responsible for cash flow forecasting on both a currency and an entity level basis, month end variance analysis and tracking of performance to KPIs and contributing to long range planning.
What you'll do:
- Navigate ambiguity: Capture information and context from various collaborators, business updates, and internal resources to familiarise yourself with Canva’s key cash flow items
- Display operational excellence: Leverage multiple data sources to deliver high-quality forecasts and insights.
- Make complex things simple: Develop robust and flexible financial models that can handle rapid change, turn around information quickly, and support strategic decision making.
- Deliver value: Continuously evaluate opportunities for improvement of developed models in order to maximise effectiveness (e.g. identifying where, why, and when a forecast is missed, and what we can do to improve our accuracy).
- Apply technical expertise: Development of models and analyses in both Excel and our upcoming Planning & Forecasting tool.
What we're looking for:
- An expert in their craft: Proven experience in similar finance roles where you have helped built models from scratch. Adaptable and have a strong appetite for learning new knowledge and context.
- Master of bringing clarity to chaos: Know how to operate and be successful in a high-growth environment, thrive on problem-solving and dealing with ambiguity, and would be willing to be hands-on and in the detail.
- A team player and collaborator: Work closely with members of the FP&A team incl. our systems specialists and Field finance business partners. Always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues and share insights
- An excellent communicator: Develop strong professional relationships, with your values and interpersonal approach being a metric of success for this role. Concisely communicate key insights and takeaways through your work to both finance and non-finance leadership
- Newly qualified CPA or working towards qualification; 1+ years of experience in FP&A or accounting role in a fast growing and multifaceted environment
- Highly proficient excel skills at the same time have the ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insights
- Experience in a Planning tools (such as Anaplan or Pigment) would be ideal
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.