Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group you'll be joining
User Growth group is on a mission to increase activation, frequency of use and drive viral adoption of Canva globally. We’re laser focused on driving impact on monthly active user (MAU) metrics that are mission-critical for us achieving our company goals.
We leverage our mature experimentation framework, data and research capabilities to maximise the performance of our top-of-funnel product-led growth engine, which encompasses new users' first experience as they visit canva.com , sign up and familiarise themselves with all that Canva has to offer.
We have come a long way, but we have huge company growth aspirations and crazy big goals; as a product designer joining the User Growth group, you’ll be critical in helping us make Canva a household name.
About the Digital Design (UX/UI) specialty
Digital designers have the chance to collaborate and work between Brand and Product. Working at the top of the funnel you will be designing pages viewed by millions. This is an incredible opportunity to help develop our brand awareness and have a direct impact on our MAUs and revenue goals. Being the first touch-point at the start of the user journey, you will be responsible for delivering landing pages that meet our user’s needs and drive adoption. Working in a cross-functional team, you will be responsible to bring designs to life from start to finish. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as brainstorming, writing creative briefs or design documents, wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, interaction, and more.
What you’ll do
- Discovery — Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows, and help define the problem and solutions.
- Definition — Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- Visual design — Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
- Implementation — Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- Iteration — Iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- Design at scale — keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
What you'll bring
- Experience designing websites and landing pages with a strong understanding of user behaviour and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and love A/B testing, user testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions that address business goals and strategies.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify the user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You appreciate big-picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
** Please send across your portfolio/examples of your work when applying
What you’ll learn at Canva
- Learn to design at scale and have a real impact on the business and on people’s everyday lives.
- Develop your craft with some of the most talented designers.
- Build your coaching, mentoring and leadership skills. There is so much we want to build at Canva with incredible growth opportunities.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.