Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but Austria is home to part of our European operations. And with that you will have choice in how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
Fun fact - our Austrian team actually started out as Kaleido before being acquired by us in 2021. Kaleido's product team develops visual AI products, that make complex things simple for users. Now, together we deliver visual AI features within Canva to help reimagine how artificial intelligence can be used in design. We think it's a perfect match.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Coach, lead, and mentor your team to help them achieve their goals.
- Perform structured performance reviews with your team members, conduct regular 1:1s, participate in the hiring process of new engineers, and plan goals & milestones for your team.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment by promoting collaboration, open communication, and continuous learning and development opportunities for your team.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, and product teams to identify and prioritize machine learning projects, aligning them with business objectives and goals.
- Drive the adoption of best practices in MLOps, including version control, testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Keep abreast of the latest advancements in machine learning and MLOps technologies, and be proactive in suggesting improvements and new techniques that can enhance the team's capabilities.
- Act as a technical expert and thought leader within the organization, providing guidance and mentorship to other team members on machine learning and MLOps-related topics.
You're probably a match if
- You have several years of experience in people management, leading and mentoring other software engineers. Providing mentorship to others is close to your heart and you thrive by empowering others.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and are eager to find and develop novel solutions to challenging problems proactively.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player and are eager to work together with your colleagues to brainstorm ideas.
- You have several years of practical experience working with modern data platforms (both cloud and on-premise), with experience delivering data-centric solutions.
- You have knowledge in Python, Pytorch, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, databases, etc.
As Lead MLOps Engineer, you play a crucial role in driving Canva's mission to empower the world to design. Our team is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge machine-learning solutions that have a significant impact on Canvas products and services. We collaborate closely with talented machine learning engineers, and product teams to build and deploy scalable, efficient, and reliable machine learning pipelines. Together, we strive to push the boundaries of what's possible, constantly innovating and improving our processes to deliver exceptional user experiences. By joining our team, you will not only contribute to Canvas success but also help shape the future of design and technology.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.