Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Developing and leading the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of Canva's API Architecture!
- Working with PMs and Engineers across both Canva's Product and Infrastructure teams to maintain alignment on strategic direction and deliver against their needs
- Identifying and anticipating the future needs of the business to ensure our Platform capabilities are able to continue to uphold their requirements and adapt to new realities
- Balancing the delivery of long-term solutions with the needs of the business today
- Measuring and communicating the success of the teams to the wider business, translating what is being built to tangible business outcomes.
You're probably a match if:
- You have Product Management experience building and shipping API's, platforms for developers or internal tooling
- You enjoy getting into the technical details, and are able to collaborate with your engineering counterparts to ensure solutions deliver against business needs
- You are able to zoom out and use broader business context and external factors to advise your vision and strategy
- You are an exceptional communicator and can tailor how you speak about Platform when working across different teams and parts of the business
- You thrive in environments where you’re enabling others to do great things, by doing great things yourself
- You’re excited by the opportunity of driving cultural transformation while leading through influence
- You relish the idea of bringing new platforms to life and driving their internal adoption in line with the value they deliver to the business
About the team
The Application Platform Group was formed in 2022, unifying the teams building critical platforms that power the core Canva experiences. We build and maintain powerful platform capabilities that allow our teams to rapidly build experiences that meaningfully engage with our millions of users in the language and location of their choice while respecting and maintaining their privacy at every step. Our Vision is for every Canvanaut to have everything they need to ship product experiences easily and safely.
Integral to delivering the Canva experience is our API architecture, responsible for routing client requests to the right service quickly, accurately, and securely.
With Canva's growth ambitions, our internal API architecture needs to handle millions of API requests per second and deliver the Canva experience across a wide range of device tiers in 190 countries. All the while ensuring that Canva is available, secure, and performant.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.