Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and content that they can use as is or customize to fill their needs.
To support this goal, we are looking for a Content Specialist who will work closely with a creative team to produce relevant and engaging content for Canva for Education. They’ll cover various categories, levels, and subjects.
The Content Specialist’s mission is to conceptualize, create, and review content for C4E. They will also help coordinate production processes of educational content and support all arms of the editorial workflow. This person will hit these goals through close collaboration with creative and product teams.
This is a rare opportunity for writers and editors of print educational materials and content developers, content specialists, and subject content specialists of digital educational materials looking to take their craft to a product platform.
About the role
The Content Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to build the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: its text or copy. They work closely with a team of creatives in charge of the templates the product offers. They are expected to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable text for our users.
What you’ll do...
- Research and Data: Use quantitative and qualitative data-gathering tools to conduct research
- Research and Data: Translate research insights and curriculum expertise to establish the foundation of the template campaign’s content strategy and direction
- Content Strategy: Identify topics and learning assessments based on the performance tasks outlined in the curriculum
- Content Strategy: Identify style, tone, format, and other content considerations to ensure templates suit the target users’ academic readiness and needs
- Content Production: Ensure copy production follows best practices and curriculum requirements
- Content Production: Write template copies as neededAssign, review, and provide feedback on content written or reviewed by education contractors
- Content Production: Champion daily content and coordination requirements for templates and ensure all template copies are requested and reviewed on time
What we’re looking for...
- An experienced creator or editor of educational materials for middle school and high school
- Intermediate to professional understanding and work experience in writing, editing, or content development for education (e-learning, instructional design, publishing, academe, or other academic services)
- A subject matter expert, either by training or education, and able to strategize and vet content for a variety of audiences, subjects, and purposes in the school setting
- Knowledgeable in at least one learning management system (LMS) and interested in learning the basics of other LMS as needed
- Familiar with content mapping and alignment based on a local or an international curriculum
- Excellent grasp of the English language - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing
- Has a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical errors, and the different nuances of requested topics
- Familiarity with the language that’s appropriate for Canva for Education users, specifically teachers, students (kindergarten to university level) and their parents/guardians, and school administrators
- Ability to structure or translate educational activities in a format that can be easily used or modified by the target audience via our template design visuals
- Is able to give helpful and constructive feedback to education contractors
What you'll learn and develop at Canva...
- Craft new and innovative ways of creating educational resources, with emphasis on visual communication and collaborative learning
- Equip yourself with necessary content development skills in the ever-changing educational landscape
- Explore best practices of different teachers, schools, and other education stakeholders through collaboration with our community engagement and research teams
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.