Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Infrastructure is a huge investment at Canva, consisting of Cloud Platforms, Developer Platforms, and Reliability Platforms that are used by all Canva engineers, and therefore crucial to the scaling of the organisation. As such, we’re looking to gain a better, data-driven understanding of how our users interact with our products.
Analytics Engineers in Infra apply software engineering best practices on a daily basis to create, maintain and operate data platforms that deliver data sets, from which we derive insights to ultimately improve the Infrastructure product offerings, thereby improving the efficiency and experience of all Canva engineers.
This is a very exciting opportunity - you will be joining a brand new team and the first of its kind! There is a huge opportunity to shape how analytics engineering is done in Infrastructure, and have a very broad impact!
Your team will work in collaboration with multiple teams and stakeholders to support their decision making process. This includes:
- Working alongside the teams and Product Managers to identify the product needs.
- Ensuring the right data is being collected and stored.
- Modelling the data appropriately Identifying and reporting back about patterns and trends.
- Building and maintaining dashboards for Infra teams.
- Helping improve data literacy within the Infra Supergroup.
- Apply software engineering practices to provide clean data sets from the data warehouse to end users.
- Work primarily with SQL and Python to automate and optimize data loading and transformation systems.
- Maintain, operate, and tune data infrastructure (Fivetran, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt, Looker, Mode Analytics, Census) at scale.
- Develop infrastructure, tools and scalable data ingestion, access and modeling frameworks to support Canva's use of the data warehouse.
- Design and build out analytic data models that support answering questions from our Infrastructure teams and company leaders.
- At least 2 years of recent experience building and managing large data platform environments in the cloud, AWS preferred.
- Experience with modern MPP cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Advanced SQL, Python coding, and data modelling skills.
- Experience working with event-oriented data sets of large size and diverse schemas.
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems.
- Familiarity with a wide set of data warehousing principles, including architecture, methodologies, schemas, performance/optimisation principles, and best practices.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Experience owning, tracking, and delivering goals, working both independently and in teams.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.