Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Group/Team
The People Team’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. Our mission is to create an employee experience where everyone can thrive and make an impact at Canva through; access to timely, accurate and human HR advice; the development and implementation of progressive, human-centred policies; efficient easy-to-navigate processes and technology that support a world-class people team built on a strong operational foundation.
About the Role/Specialty
In this role you will lead the evolution of Canva’s travel program. You will be involved in delivering a seamless, scalable and delightful travel experience all whilst keeping travel operations going smoothly! You will be the first point of contact for all matters related to travel.
You will partner with all travellers, travel approvers, our Leaders and Leadership Ops, Procurement, Finance, IT and Comms teams along with other key group and speciality stakeholders across the business to streamline travel and to support a large variety of travel needs (remote travel, business travel, group travel, guest travel, urgent or time sensitive travel etc). You’ll be responsible for identifying any travel pain points, to come up with ways to address and resolve them, to monitor travel feedback and operations for continuous improvement opportunities, and to report on data and insights regularly back to travel stakeholders.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, supporting the day-to-day delivery of our business travel function across all our global regions. If your sweet spot is at the intersection of people, process and technology, and you get a kick out of making a huge impact on the lives of employees then this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll lead Canva’s business travel program, and coordinate across a wide range of stakeholders to ensure travellers and travel approvers have the most seamless travel experience.
- You’ll lead the development and improvement of Canva’s travel related policies, processes and experiences globally, utilising the data effectively to uncover useful insights and provide recommendations.
- You’ll build a self service model that champions making complex things simple which may include building out fantastic toolkits and resources to support our travel program.
- You’ll provide hands-on support to SuperGroups Leads and Leadership Operations where the situation requires it (senior candidates and guests, large group bookings, etc.).
- You’ll provide advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for anything travel related.
- You’ll respond to travel emergencies and disruptions, often requiring urgent and immediate action and critical thinking to navigate travel complexities including visa requirements and travel disruptions (e.g. COVID, Ukraine/Russia conflict).
- You’ll own the relationship with our travel provider (TripActions) and other travel partners (e.g. accommodation providers), holding them to account and ensuring travelers are well supported and have a seamless experience.
- You’ll create reports from our travel and financial platforms and utilise the data effectively to uncover useful insights and provide recommendations.
What we're looking for
- Experience in managing a program or project within the start up/scale up tech environment.
- You have deep travel management experience. You have worked in a corporate travel environment, managing the travel needs of business stakeholders at all levels.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and are comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from verbal and written communications to Canva presentations.
- You love working collaboratively. You can collaborate across multiple teams in the company to solve business problems.
- You’re customer focused. You listen, you understand, and you deliver speedy and quality results.
- You’re excellent at prioritising to get things done in a fast-paced environment with a bias to action. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- You’re effective under pressure. You are adaptable and can act quickly on your feet in times of urgency.
- You’re eager to learn. You have a commitment to constantly developing yourself.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.