Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Want to join Canva?
As the Team Engineering Lead within Digital Marketing Foundations, you will be directly responsible a team of 2 frontend engineers and own the QuickPage solution which allows Marketers and Designers to create and maintain their own landing pages.
You will plan the engineering roadmap by striking a balance of technical leadership, rallying & working alongside team engineers whilst also getting into it within the code.
What you'll do
- Working closely with program management, your responsibility is to spot opportunities for 10x our Marketing Speciality through Digital Marketing. This can be from suggesting a new feature to enable self-service or even adding the development of new technology, or engineering process.
- Raise engineering opportunities for the team, and lead the development. You will break down the work your coachees, whilst getting alignment across key teams
- Coach the professional development of the engineers on your team. This involves providing guidance and support to help them grow, identifying opportunities for advancement, and holding them accountable for their own progress.
- You won't be afraid to jump into the code when needed. Your role will be equal parts people and technical leadership
- Successful experience coaching at least one direct report, through to delivery, while being hands on yourself
- You are curious and enjoy discovering new areas and having an understanding of areas outside of your expertise. Solving those opportunities and problem spaces with technical ideas and solutions.
- You know how to engage with people from different backgrounds and craft. You can explain ideas and decisions using different communication styles to suit the audience, ranging from engineers to senior leadership.
- You are excited about designing solutions at scale, pragmatically planning what delivers the most value with low cost. Working with many different stakeholders and people, each with their own problems. Tying the short-term steps that open the long-term goals.
- You are still hands on and have maintained a coding proficiency at the level of a senior frontend software engineer
It would be great if you had (though, not necessary!)
- Experience in design systems
- Experience with Marketing functions and knowledge of marketing analytics and data including SEO, digital branding and brand campaigns
About the Group
The Digital Marketing sub-group is responsible for implementing and maintaining digital experiences for Marketing. We own initiatives to improve Engineering and Design's ways of working and allow Marketing specialities to quickly turn ideas into beautiful landing pages. Our work ranges from web development to physical-interactive Marketing campaigns, to connect Canva to users globally. Our goal is to ensure that technical solutions for Digital Marketing are effective, optimised for user experience, and support broader goals and strategies of Marketing.
We partner with teams across Marketing to support experience design and engineering for initiatives ranging from bespoke website development, landing page experiments, web apps, alternate Marketing experiences e.g. kiosks, and experimental.
This role is remote friendly across Australia or New Zealand - you don't need to live in Sydney to make an impact!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.