Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Role
As a Financial Planning Analyst in the CoE you are part of the backbone delivering the managerial reporting to our field finance business partners, our CFO and Investor Relations. In a dynamic and fast-moving environment, you will unify processes that currently exist with our finance partners and provide a framework for operational and financial performance monitoring, contextualised against our plan & strategic objectives. You will be a key enabler in helping FP&A set high standards in data integrity via defined metrics and maintaining a source of truth.
You will also be part of an exciting period of growth at a truly global company. We are only 1% of the way towards achieving our overarching vision at Canva, and FP&A will be at the heart of how we bring the story of our overall performance to life!
What you'll do:
- You will provide monthly P&L reporting by department for our finance business partners.
- You will understand and identify the metrics that matter to each field finance business partner and the collaborators they interact with.
- Provide a framework and process for monitoring operational performance versus our plan for onward distribution to our field business partners, collating significant insights that support reporting to our CFO and Investor Relations.
- Build and maintain a FP&A source of truth via a centrally owned catalogue of metrics, definitions and data sources.
- Distribute agreed-upon reporting to our field finance business partners.
- Prior work experience in FP&A.
- Possess exceptional technical skills - MS Excel with exposure to ERP
- Experience in P&L management, interpreting and reporting actual business performance results.
- Someone who has worked and collaborated with remote stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with stakeholders through transparency and dependability.
- Possess a strong work ethic and has the high energy to collaborate with our finance business partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll learn:
- You will have visibility across our global performance.
- Be a foundational member of our new FP&A Centre of Excellence and new FP&A structure at Canva.
- Help Canva build a world-class FP&A team by organising, standardising, maintaining and driving continuous improvement of all reporting activities.
- You will develop your communication style by interacting with a diverse range of collaborators.
- Be part of a private company and its journey of growth and sophistication to a potential public listing.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.