Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
Canva’s payroll team is part of the Finance/Legal group and predominantly based in Australia. We handle payroll across our growing number of Canvanauts worldwide. Our headcount is growing quickly as we continue to scale the business with the finance team alone forecast to double in size in the next year. Our headcount growth comes from Canva entities, as well as through any companies that we acquire globally.
With payroll being one of the most critical functions in Finance, the team has a huge part to play in making Canva one of Australia's best places to work. We strive to ensure every Canvanaut is paid accurately and timely.
About the role
The primary role of the Payroll Assistant will be responsible for supporting the preparation of a growing number of Global payroll processes. Currently the team handles 10 different countries which is a combination of In-house, Outsourced & EOR payrolls. They will be working closely with the other Payroll Specialists, the Finance Manager, the HR Ops team and other members of the finance team. As we continue to automate key financial processes, there will be a great opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and initiatives and the hire will have a chance to leave their mark on the maturation of the payroll function at Canva, with plenty of room for growth.
What you'll do ...
- Working closely with the Payroll Specialists you will assist with the preparation and review of key information to make up the payrolls for over 10 different countries globally
- Ownership of the employee & internal queries and requests for the Payroll Operations team.
- Familiarising yourself with our HR platform and our Payroll platforms you will assist with ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of data.
- Assist with scaling the payroll processes in line with Canva hyper growth to ensure all payroll related costs are recorded accurately including further automating current payroll processes
- Actively involved in the set up & testing of new payrolls to ensure they are a success.
- Prepare various compliance & reporting needs for the global payrolls.
What we're looking for ...
- At least 1+ years of relevant payroll experience
- Intermediate to advanced excel/ google sheet skills
- Experience taking care of large volumes of data
- Ability to take ownership of processes and an eagerness to apply previous takeaways to new challenges and evolve with the growth of the company
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- A keen eye for detail
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - delivering a great service to all levels of employees
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines, and
- Maturity to handle confidential information
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- Exposure to the complexities of payroll processes and concepts across the globe
- Handle a large volume of data
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.