Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Helping Canva's People team to scale in an efficient and insights-driven way through multiple system change projects to ensure we are clear on the problems we need to solve and collaborating with partners across People, IT and the rest of Canva to build creative and impactful solutions.
- Defining the problem and opportunity in our processes, ways of working, technology and data to enable our People Group to deliver seamless experiences for Canvanauts across the globe.
- Assessing our potential options and solutions by working with your partners across Canva and external vendors and stakeholders.
- Bringing clarity to chaos by translating assumptions and ambiguity into clear and defined functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring anything we launch is a high-quality and reliable solution.
- Collaboration and building relationships with your core project team, our partners across IT, procurement, finance and stakeholders across the People Group.
This is a 12 months fixed-term contract opportunity. Open to remote expressions of interest across Australia.
You're probably a match if
- You have proven experience working on complex HR projects in a role analysing and redesigning processes or delivering projects that improve how a team or business works.
- You have experience gathering requirements, documenting processes and an ability to translate business needs and opportunities to technical requirements and technical team members.
- You thrive working in chaos and ambiguity and have the ability to use your passion for efficiency and improvement to map out a path to clarity.
- you are solutions-orientated with a focus on both detail and big-picture thinking.
- you think and act as 'We', not 'Me' and love nothing more than to build trusted relationships, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life and having the best time doing it.
About the team
Our People Technology Enablement team (PTE) act as the conduit between our broader People Group and our internal partners across IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal and Security to deliver on our People Technology goals. PTE partners with our People Systems team to centrally own and sequence our People tech roadmap, rallying everyone towards a big-picture, cross-team vision for our tech.
Please note as this is a fixed term contract, there will be no equity packages available.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.