Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The Media Platform groups crafts services to empower users designing with every ingredient, on every device, whenever they design. In the Audio/Video team you will build services to ingest, process or deliver video for millions of daily users. Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with colleagues to deliver functionality to our customers all over the world.
What you’ll do
- Help bring engineering clarity to improve the performance and reliability
- Maintain and build out new features for our audio service, video service
- Ensure scalability and reliability for some of Canva's Tier 1 high traffic services
Your profile should demonstrate
- Experience of building large scale and distributed video ingestion, storage, processing and delivery solutions
- In depth knowledge of at least one of the modern video codec such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9 or AV1
- Proven experience of optimizing video playback experience using adaptive bitrate streaming technologies such as DASH, HLS or CMAF
- Proven experience of tuning video encoding parameters to optimize video storage, delivery and video quality assessment
- Hands-on experience of using and enhancing multimedia frameworks such as FFmpeg, GStreamer or similar to implement video related use cases
- Strong understanding of content DRM and forensic watermarking
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.