Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
As a Financial Accountant supporting our Payroll, Employee Benefits and Recognition & Rewards teams, your core goal will be to aid Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world, by preserving the integrity of Canva’s monthly financial accounting processes. With the number of our global team continuing to increase and flourish, the scope of your reach and impact is literally limitless!
As the main point of contact between Payroll Operations and the wider Accounting function, the successful individual will continue to mature the financial processes at Canva by business partnering & implementing improvements & efficiencies of processes gained from being able to convert payroll complexities to accounting requirements.
This is an initial 3-month contract, full time hours.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Being responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the Accounting for our People & Benefit transactions for Canva’s global entities in line with reporting requirements and timelines.
- Maintaining and updating calculations for any new accounting considerations arising from Canva’s wide range of employee benefits
- Owning balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis for our people-related accounts including month-on-month fluctuation analysis at period-end
- Acting as a key business partner between Employee Benefits, Accounting and Forecasting functions, providing insights and ad hoc reporting to support business initiatives
You're probably a match if you:
- Are CA / CPA Qualified
- Have commercial experience, ideally within a Big-4 Accounting environment. Additional in-house experience is a bonus!
- Are confident in the month-end process and have experience booking payroll
- Have knowledge of developing accounting processes from scratch, as well as general ledger accounting experience
- Are comfortable working with large volumes of data, with an eagerness to learn the exciting complexities (and opportunities!) within the Employee Benefits space
- Are adept at collaborator management, with a high level of maturity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Have experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite, SAP, Oracle
- Possess intermediate to advanced Excel/ Google Sheet skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Can showcase skills in data analysis
- Are confident in asking questions and taking initiative
About the team
The Finance Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance team.
This role sits within our Finance subspecialty team, Payroll. Currently, a team of six (and growing!), based across Australia and the Philippines we look after the processing, payment, compliance and recording of our Global Canvanaut workforce remuneration and recognition. We currently operate ten payrolls and a number of Employer of Record (EOR) and contingent workforce arrangements across the globe.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.