Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
Canva’s Customer Happiness Team is the face of a platform used by millions of people every day. With over 60 million active users across 190 countries, the team's main goal to ensure that each and every customer achieves long-term satisfaction. We do this by means of authentic interaction with our users in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about Canva and its features. In short, customer happiness is what gets us up in the morning! Our aim is to provide top notch customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation.
About the candidate
We’re looking for passionate people with a hunger to solve customer problems. Our Customer Happiness Specialists have a laser eye focus to detail, complemented by the ability put themselves in other people’s shoes. We need someone who loves challenges just as much as we do, and open and adaptable to a company as dynamic as Canva. Do you want to work within a cross-cultural, customer focused organisation? If your answer's yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Are you a fresh graduate ? Have no fear! This role is also open to even the most junior candidates!
What you'll be doing
- Upholds Canva’s core customer service value of customer centricity in order to produce long-term customer loyalty and happiness.
- Paragons all things customer service for our global users through fast, upbeat, and genuine responses across the modalities of chat or email.
- Crafts accurate answers and solutions to customer queries, either under Accounts and Billing, Print Operations or Technical Support
- Orchestrates efficient and optimal customer communication across varying user touch points with our platform.
- Champions patience and empathy when engaging with users, coming from a desire to support them with their positive intentions.
- Collaborates within immediate teams, or other customer happiness verticals for cross-team projects and initiatives.
- Aligns with results-based performance; deeply understands prioritizing key performance indicators as an individual and as a team.
- Is an authentic Canva Ambassador, fully-equipped to represent Canva across both internal team communications and external customer engagement.
- Adapts to a 24/7 shifting schedule with an understanding of global customer support.
What we're looking for
- Fresh grads with org experience welcome!
- 2-3 years of customer service experience
- Living in the Greater Manila Area
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exposure to a customer centric environment
- A technical familiarity with spreadsheets, documents, and other materials used within collaborative online platforms
- Team-orientation; can deliver individual results through collaboration and with a team goal in mind
- Self-motivation for growth and learning; can proactively put themself outside of their comfort zone
- Adaptability and flexibility; can tackle blockers and challenges with an open mentality and "what-alternatives-do-I-have" demeanor
- Patience, empathy and integrity to complement our core values of Be a Good Human and Be a Force for Good
- Organized and efficient, particularly when it comes to handling volume-inclined workloads
- Amenability to 24/7 shifting schedules, including rotating shifts, weekday rest days and split offs
- Direct customer service experience within email and chat support is a huge plus!
- Familiarity with online platform systems such as accounts, payments and operations will launch you forward.
- Online software expertise including web and mobile troubleshooting is definitely an advantage.
- Any additional experience with browser and operating system troubleshooting is much appreciated.
Here's what you'll get
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Healthcare benefits (both through HMO & Medical Allowances)
- Professional education / Well-being / Social recognition / Home office allowances
- Health and well-being programs
- Generous leave policy
- Fun, quirky, and most importantly sponsored social clubs, team events, & celebrations
- Hybrid set-up
- Pre and Post Pandemic: In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
Canva is currently one of Australia's hottest technology startups and has been ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, "Being a force for good" means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that's good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together the diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.