Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Please note this is a relocation opportunity to Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
At the moment, the role is focused on:
- Partnering with HR Business Partners and Business Leads to enhance Canva’s job architecture and governance.
- Supporting the reward strategy and designing solutions that improve employee experience and business performance.
- Driving the execution of Canva’s reward cycle from communication to leadership through execution of outcomes in partnership with Reward and People Teams.
- Leveraging knowledge of market dynamics to tie Canva’s jobs to the external market and annually reviewing structures to manage salary and equity compensation.
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition to ensure equitable and fair compensation packages.
- Designing and building reward programs from the ground up, then working with our Total Rewards Program Managers to execute and implement the programs.
- Analysing data to drive targeted programmatic decisions, including designing processes to collect data from new sources.
You're probably a match if
- You have an understanding of the tech sector, collaborating closely with (ideally) engineering and product teams on job architecture designs.
- You’re passionate about rewards and the impact it can make on our employee attraction and retention strategy.
- You blend hands-on operational skills with strategic thinking.
- You have proven data analysis skills with the ability to translate data insights into compelling stories that inspire action.
- You have experience building and implementing reward programs plus setting up scalable systems to support a growing global workforce.
- You’re a real people-person and are skilled at building relationships with team members from all levels across the business.
- You have a passion for educating team members about various aspects of reward program analysis and design.
About the Total Reward Team
Total Rewards plays a key role in our mission to build the world's best team. Our focus is to understand the market and Canva’s business in order to design and implement Reward and Benefit programs, focused on boosting Canva’s effectiveness and engagement whilst keeping an eye on profitability and scale.
Our Total Rewards team consists of Program Managers, Rewards Analysts and Rewards Partners. Working in both a strategic and practical operational capacity, you’ll join a small (but growing and fun) team of two in the Reward Partner Team who are deeply passionate about their craft and play a big role in developing our reward partnering vision and goals.
Please note, Canva will support your international relocation to Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.