Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
The Sales Strategy & Operations Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. Sales Strategy & Operations sits within the Sales & Success function that is responsible for driving revenue from Fortune 500 as well as mid-market and SMB companies.
The Sales Strategy & Operations function supports Sales & Success in driving revenue in a scalable and sustainable way, through Incentive design and implementation, run the business reporting and analytics, sales tooling, sales process and enablement. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages data driven analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales & Success business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will build and own the forecast and revenue cadence (including full funnel metrics). You will analyze monthly business results and own the Sales/ Success component of the monthly business review. You will ensure forecast accuracy within sales, and partner with finance to provide inputs during financial planning.
What you'll do:
- Assist with monthly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Own sales forecast cadence including building the forecast models, determining probability of close by stage and ensuring pipeline hygiene in Salesforce
- Provide reporting and visibility into stale pipeline and actively monitor pipeline quality, following up with sales and sales leadership to improve
- Define forecast methodology for all segments of the business including AEs and CSMs across ARR, seats and usage metrics
- Conduct full funnel analysis of conversion from top of funnel (leads) to deals closed and renewalsIdentify and understand business trends, and provide commentary in partnership with sales leadership on forecast and pipeline changes
- Determine the most effective and meaningful insights to share during monthly business reviews with sales and cross functional leadership in revenue org
- Documents processes, makes recommendations, and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting or related subject area is required
- Proven experience (~5 years) in Finance, Business Operations or Sales Strategy & Operations in fast growing technology company, especially working closely with Sales and customer success organizations on data/ analytical projects
- Power user of SQL and data visualization.
- Must be very comfortable writing complex queries on large data sets combining Salesforce.com and usage data.
- Must be comfortable on data visualization tools like Looker, Mode or TableauPower user of Excel/ google sheets.
- Deep comfort with using excel formulas to join data and aggregate across multiple sources (e.g. index/match, vlookups, sumifs, countifs, array formulas etc.)
- Ability to present the results of complex analysis across large data sets clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com CRM is required, particularly around working with Salesforce.com Opportunity data
- Experience with sales forecasting methodologiesOutstanding analytical/problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal communication skills and able to interact with various stakeholders
- Understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.