Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group
Finance’s Mission is to be a world-class team recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders. The team is well respected and embedded within Canva, often sought for its opinions and inputs into company-wide goals. We are the gatekeepers of the company's Financial growth goals and performance, supporting teams to achieve their goals through scaling and evolving our various operational processes and making sure the company meets its various external compliance requirements.
The Accounting team owns “what the numbers are” at Canva, ensuring that we provide accurate, consistent, and reliable financial information to both our internal teams, our board, and investors. We are at the core of the Finance team, with all other teams (FP&A, Strategy, Tax, etc) relying on the Financial information we produce. The Accounting team also owns the finance operating cycles of Procure to Pay, Quote to Cash, Treasury, and Payroll - critical business-facing operations that support our Groups to achieve their goals.
About the role
The role of the Head of Global Spend is a highly visible and impactful role. As Canva continues to grow globally, so do the size and complexity of our Procure to Pay operations and our associated compliance requirements.
Based in the Sydney head office, the role will be responsible for overseeing our procure-to-pay operating cycles, determining and driving the strategy of how they continue to scale and transform globally as we continue to grow existing locations, add in new locations and work closely as part of Finance leadership to solve our most complex cross-functional challenges in this space. They will be responsible for delivering on a number of key priorities and goals.
The role will work closely with other teams within Finance including FP&A, Tax, and cross-functionally with other Groups such as the People Group, Legal, IT, and the wider business.
The role will be a coach and a leader to a number of team members who are also leading teams themselves, and also be responsible for continuing to build out the high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Overall owner of the global P2P process, responsible for the vision, strategy, scaling, and transformation of the cycle.
- Coach and lead a number of growing teams.
- Working with Tax, Accounting, FP&A, Legal, People, and IT teams cross-functionally to transform Canva’s expense processes.
- Ensuring that Canvanauts are supported in being able to spend efficiently and effectively to achieve their goals.
- Working with wider Finance leadership on projects and transactions that arise.
What we're looking for
- We’re looking for a seasoned professional with deep experience across procure-to-pay operations.
- They are a big problem solver that is happy to take on any challenge, get their hands dirty, and figure out a solution. Their communication is exceptional, able to communicate complex problems and recommendations with ease to senior business leaders.
- They have experience in leading and growing teams and are keen for a fresh challenge in taking Canva’s P2P processes through transformation and to the next level of scale.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.