Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to join Canva?
The Learning Program Manager is key to ensuring that our mission is fulfilled by means of setting up our specialists for long-term success. This mission stretches to be inclusive of our vendors' partners, which means that having a Learning Expert, specifically allocated to them will guarantee that our vendors' skills are developed simultaneously with the internal Customer Happiness Team.
What you’ll do
- Uses instructional design background to craft compelling learning content, experiences and materials including new Canvanauts’ systems access, training tools, and other needs as outlined by the specialization.
- Creates and launches projects and initiatives with multiple moving pieces and partners specifically. Ensure the team's performance is at par if not exceeding customers' expectations.
- Define learning design principles in alignment with Canva U's Learning & Development Framework
- Establishes relationships with specialization including vendor partners to steer all things learning, including but not limited to onboarding and up-skilling.
- Develops effective evaluation and testing techniques to assess the overall performance of the specialization while constantly improving their development and experience.
- Partners with the Quality and Content teams to ensure that critical learning points and support needed are captured, provided, and operationalized.
- Conducts training needs analyses and develops training programs and strategies that will aid the continuous learning of vendors.
- Back-up in facilitating the transfer of knowledge which may involve training of subject matter experts, quality personnel, coaches, vendors trainers, vendor managers, and anyone else involved in specialist development.
- 5+ years of successful record within a senior-level trainer role, displaying knowledge of varying training methods (familiarity with various training software is also a huge plus!).
- A solid understanding of curriculum-based learning, complete with the ability to design & launch curriculums.
- Extensive project management skills and experience delivering sophisticated projects involving multiple collaborators and moving parts.
- A passion for execution and seeing projects through end to end.
- In-depth understanding of the long-term impact of learning and development for vendor partners and the business.
- A sharp eye for identifying training needs across multiple levels and roles within customer service.
- Emphasizes results-based performance, deeply understanding and outlining impact on company goals and global priorities.
- Experience-based leadership ability; can raise blockers and obstacles, handle difficult conversations, and empower others for timely resolutions with little to no supervision.
- Clear, succinct, and structured communication skills, with a laser focus on ensuring alignment across all touchpoints with relevant team members
- Organized and can navigate both complexity and ambiguity, specifically toward balancing multiple tasks, tools, and materials simultaneously.
- Flexibility and adaptability; can thrive in ambiguity and self-initiate mapping out alternative solutions.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.