Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About this role
Canva is seeking an experienced and motivated Workplace Integrity specialist to join its Global Workplace Integrity team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting investigations into workplace issues, handling protected whistleblowing disclosures, and will play a key role in partnering with key stakeholders to analyse and evaluate processes, as well as develop solutions to organisational integrity-related issues, such as Respect@Work, DE&I strategy and psychosocial risk management initiatives.
What you'll do
- Champion efficient and effective policy and compliance initiatives to support Canva’s organsational goals and culture related to workplace integrity related matters
- Assist in defining and developing Canva’s integrity-related policy and compliance objectives and strategies
- Assist in managing Canva’s compliance related projects such as Respect@Work developments and psychosocial risk management initiatives, as well as the implementation of any recommendations
- Partner with other teams to create and implement compliance training for employees and leaders in relation to integrity related matters
- Develop and operationalise a systematic approach to capturing feedback to inform how we iterate or improve our processes, policies and/or compliance, including via Canva’s Speak Up program
- Conduct investigations into workplace issues in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Handle protected whistleblower disclosures, including providing advice (as necessary) and guidance to employees and management in relation to protections and obligations
- Review and evaluate our current state of play to proactively identify inefficiencies and gaps, leading subsequent improvement initiatives and programs end to end
- Analyze the success of policies and programs implemented by creating key success metrics and reporting/review cycles
- Partner with teammates around the world to drive global alignment in policies and localise compliance requirements to the laws and regulations of each region
- Support Canva’s global DE&I initiatives
What we're looking for
- A minimum of 4 years proven experience in a similar role, ideally with in-house experience in a tech organisation
- Strong understanding of employee relations, employment law and/or workplace-related issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and management at all levels
- Capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively, you will be effective at juggling and multiple competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical ability and proven experience partnering with or advising HR teams and other key stakeholders on workplace investigations and other integrity related matters
- A skilled communicator and you have confidence and experience translating complicated legal concepts into practical solutions to guide stakeholders
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a real impact on Canva’s workplace integrity initiatives. If you have a passion for ensuring a fair and respectful workplace and are looking to take the next step in your legal career, we encourage you to apply.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.