Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The People Systems team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our hire to retire value stream. With Workday as our foundational HRIS, our team is solving some of Canva’s biggest challenges by automating our processes to allow our Canvanauts to do their best work at a place they love. We strive to be integrated with the People strategy, so we can realize our vision of being the best company in the world.
We strive to ensure our systems and processes are set up to scale, balance risk, and security to enable a robust control environment, while allowing the business to grow and move fast to achieve its goals. As the People Systems Lead, you will become an integral part of the People leadership planning motion, influencing decisions with technology recommendations that enable scale and efficiency.
You will set the people systems strategy and data vision, and develop a roadmap for the People platform that is aligned by People, IT, Finance and Data. You will also drive adoption and deployment of automation and advance integration strategy to uplift operational effectiveness.
What you'll do:
- Drive the People Systems roadmap, understand the dependencies, and ensure alignment with the overall Canva technical architecture, and be a true partner to the People group to support execution against their long term goals
- Provide system expertise and best practices in leading evaluation, development, maintenance and implementation of new systems and enhancements, upgrades and releases for existing applications
- Lead the team of technology specialists, and business analysts to ensure service delivery, compliance, risk mitigation and mature change management
- Build a highly effective and efficient team through hiring of quality talent, mentorship of capable team members, and implementation of scalable methodologies and processes
- Responsible for planning and delivery of all aspects of multiple projects to ensure alignment with the business, technology strategy, and customer needs
- Support our internal operations groups to define and recommend best in class business process improvements that our systems can scale efficiently.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience in multi-platform technology environments built in contemporary business settings including SaaS technologies and API integrations
- Technical expertise in Enterprise HRIS and People Systems (such as Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP SuccessFactor)
- Exceptional functional understanding of core People (HR) processes and operating model
- Consistent record of building teams through effective hiring and implementation of methodologies that enable secure systems at scale
- Proven problem solving skills with a passion for efficiency, automation and process improvement. Diagnose a problem or gap, identify solutions and lead correction efforts
- Able to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of people technology to come up with solutions with tangible impact
- Able to adapt to different situations, spots opportunities to change or evolve a process or solution as needed
- Champion in applying ITIL framework and Agile/Scrum practices.
This role is based in Sydney and open to remote applicants within Australia and New Zealand.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.