Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About team tax
We want to make tax painless, our crazy big goal! Our mission is to modernise a traditional tax cost centre into “Tax-as-a-Service”. To protect and serve the business, the needs of our employees, our investors, global Government and Tax Authorities where we operate, and ultimately the users of Canva’s amazing product!
Our guiding principle is to operate in a manner that reflects our core value of being a good global citizen. We want to do all this within a fun and engaging environment that promotes collaboration, forward thinking and continuous improvement. All whilst making tax as painless as possible!
As Canva continues on this exciting period of growth and traverses the ever increasing complexity of the tax landscape, there is now a need for another specialist in this space. If you love hearing or making TP jokes, you know that TP stands for more than toilet paper and you enjoy talking all things beyond cost plus 5, then this is the role for you.
You’ll have broad experience with both Australian transfer pricing and international tax concepts and are keen to expand your knowledge and skills within a commercial setting. Work closely with the global tax team, other members of the finance team, the broader business and our service providers to ensure that the Group’s global tax obligations are met in all jurisdictions that the Group operates in.
We’re a fast moving business, so change is frequent, you’ll be comfortable operating in a hands on, dynamic environment and have excellent communication skills, with a strong attention to details and a growth mindset.
What you'll do
- Drive all things transfer pricing (compliance and advisory) in Australia and a number of jurisdictions all around the world in which the Group operates in
- Dive into complex transfer pricing technical matters to develop and implement solutions for critical business needs, drafting position papers and being the key global point of contact
- Take ownership of all compliance obligations for all the jurisdictions Canva operates in and ensuring successful completion and timely lodgement
- Assess pricing of intercompany transactions against the DEMPE functions of the global Canva Group and working closely with key partners to stay across business developments and changes
- Owning the intercompany process, including collaborating with other teams to attend to all reporting obligations on a timely basis
- Being the ambassador for process improvement of all the intercompany charges, collaborate with the business to implement best-in-class processes, procedures and deliverables
- Take your continuous learning style to the next level as you plunge into the ongoing transfer pricing developments to help identify and address impacts to Canva
- Engage with our external tax service providers on some of those really tough projects
- Champion the use of technology within the tax function that can scale and grow with Canva and reduce the amount of administrative work (let’s find some space to think and be strategic!)
Also, we'd love it if you have
- Proven experience within a global Transfer Pricing tax team, roughly 6-10 years experience
- Experience working in a fast growing, ever-changing environment
- Strong written communication skills, intuitive business sense with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgement
- Ability to be able to prioritise problems where necessary and find the balance between the need to be thorough and being able to make timely decisions
- The capability to identify complexities in your work and develop a strategy to simplify these through the use of technology and automation
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self motivated with a desire to learn
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.