Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva China marketing team is a diverse team of marketers who drive brand awareness, organic user growth and affinity in the China market. You’ll partner closely with leads across the China Group to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for market-specific growth goals for China. You will also bridge China's marketing & growth team with the broader global Marketing Supergroup across Brand Marketing, PR & Comms, Social & Content, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Creative.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic storyteller who is excited to build Canva’s brand presence in this space, and help us drive cultural connection with the Canva brand within the market.
What you will do
- Lead the team to develop, implement and manage Canva’s brand presence in China, to build brand awareness and engagement, across channels of social media, influencer marketing, community engagement, PR, partnerships, etc.
- Come up with innovative and creative solutions to position Canva as a thought leader in design.
- Lead to create content in local social media platforms, monitor social media trends and the competitive landscape, to drive brand awareness and user growth.
- Develop a comprehensive GTM strategy in close partnership with Product, Engineering, Sales, Research, Visual Content, and other functions in the China group to company-wide strategies into actionable marketing plans.
- Be a brand guardian for our brand presence, ensuring we establish a strong tone of voice and represent our values.
- Monitor, measure, and report on the performance of our brand and campaigns.
- Work alongside the global marketing team to localize brand and social campaigns that create cultural connection and deliver against our business goals.
- Uphold our brand strategy and scale new programs to support our mission and brand values in our internal and external communities.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in brand marketing, product marketing, or social media marketing
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in B2C technology, internet, or SaaS product
- Strongly prefer the experience in start-up sectors, or being an influencer in social media
- A creative thinker with hands-on experience creating strategy and content for brands
- Experience with social media strategy & content creationacross local channels (WeChat, Douyin, Xiaohongshu, Bilibili, Weibo, Zhihu, etc)
- An analytical mindset and the ability to develop an in-depth understanding of Canva’s audiences and to optimize the return on investment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Chinese and English.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to balance the big picture with short term needs and initiatives
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.