Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Our broad Social, Content and Community team aims to, inform, educate, and nurture users design skills and Canva journey in many ways.
Our social team is focused on engaging with varied audiences across all Canva social channels.
Our content teams include Design Education, which offers free design courses, with a vision to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible, as well as Customer Content, which is focused on showcasing the very best of Canva for Teams to prospective users. And our community teams are focused on highlighting, celebrating and developing the design achievements of Canva’s global design communities.
About the Role/Specialty
We are looking for a Senior Art Director who can conceptualise and deliver an exceptional and consistent brand experience across our various media channels. We want someone who can create purposeful content that evolve with culture and showcase the power of Canva, technology, and community. You should be able to ideate, lead, and realize concepts from spark to execution.
An understanding that various design applications and media such as social, digital and motion is key to this, to ensure sure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Evergreen Production squad and work in conjunction with Educators, Copywriters and Content Creators to bring ideas to life through multiple channels. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Marketing, Channel, Product, Partnerships) to understand our products and ensure our brand is consistent across all consumer touch points.
What you’ll do
- Conceptualize and design creative solutions for Canva’s organic social channels and case study content
- Articulate design decisions
- Lead the craft of a small team of designers across projects of various scales
- Manage day to day ops of your own squad
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers, art directors, educators, content creators and social media managers to bring our content to life.
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
What we're looking for:
- You have a minimum of 6+ years in a forward-thinking digital design role with a background in digital product and brand design.
- Strong visual communication skills with a focus on social, video, motion and branding
- Collaborative and focused on building trusted relationships with the team
- Balances creative and strategic excellence
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Strong brand design principles and craft, A modern style & aesthetic, Creative thinking & Attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge designing in Canva is a bonus but not essential.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.