Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Our broad Social, Content and Community team aims to, inform, educate, and nurture users design skills and Canva journey in many ways.
Our social team is focused on engaging with varied audiences across all Canva social channels. Our content teams include Design Education, which offers free design courses, with a vision to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible, as well as Customer Content, which is focused on showcasing the very best of Canva for Teams to prospective users. And our community teams are focused on highlighting, celebrating and developing the design achievements of Canva’s global design communities.
About the Role/Specialty
We are looking for a Brand Designer who can conceptualise and deliver an exceptional and consistent brand experience across many media touchpoints. An understanding that various design applications and media such as social, digital and motion is key to this, to ensure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Evergreen Production squad and work in conjunction with Educators, Copywriters and Content Creators to bring ideas to life through multiple channels. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Marketing, Channel, Product, Partnerships) to understand our products and ensure our brand is consistent across all consumer touch points.
What you'll do
- Design assets for motion by developing creative solutions that bring to life Canva’s brand and product. This could include detailed storyboards that conceptualise UI flows, art direction for filmed content or setting up assets for motion designers.
- Help review our video content and give constructive feedback to our team of videographers and motion designers
- Collaborate with a multi-talented team of designers, videographers, producers and educators to bring our content to life
- Help establish and build robust systems and approach for high-production video content and continually raise the bar of excellence
- Design creative assets to support the wider Social, Content and Community team including video content and a wide range of other communication outputs.
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
- Help guide more junior members of the team through established feedback processes and informal mentorship.
What we're looking for
- Experience with designing for motion – creating a diverse range of assets for video and motion design, content creation, and video editing.
- A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly. Creating a sense of connection in their work between Canva and the audience.
- Experience in brand design, as well as design for motion.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, where feedback is seen as a gift.
- You are the perfect balance between ideation at a conceptual level and execution, in bringing your ideas to life.
- Demonstrated experience in a brand design role.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Strong brand design principles and craft, A modern style & aesthetic, Creative thinking & Attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.