Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Application Security Engineers
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! As the features and services of our product suite evolve, we’re setting some large and ambitious goals. We need to be able to ship robust and secure features without sacrificing speed and scale of delivery, which is where our Application Security Engineers come in.
As an Application Security Engineer, your primary objective is to safeguard Canva's products and features by proactively identifying and eliminating vulnerabilities. You play a crucial role in ensuring the security of our Community by providing guidance and support to engineering teams in identifying and resolving security issues as they arise.
About the Security Group
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data from information security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective controls and processes that reduce security risk.
The group runs programs across Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Risk Management, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
What you'll be doing!
- Discovering and triaging vulnerabilities across Canva
- Developing tooling to assist engineering teams to detect and remediating vulnerabilities in our products
- Developing and integrating systems that help identify, manage, and mitigate security risk across Canva’s threat landscape
- Identifying, introducing, and improving security controls in various stages of the software development lifecycle
- Evaluating new and emerging security technologies, features, and products that make it easier to reliably build secure software
- Finding novel ways to eliminate entire bug classes across the Canva codebase
- Using large datasets to analyze and prioritize the remediation of vulnerabilities and security improvements
- Knowledge of common web-based vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigations (OWASP Top 10)
- Proficient with one or more modern program languages (Golang or Python preferred), and working experience building security tooling/services
- Hands-on experience with security tools such as software composition analysis, static and dynamic security analysis, etc.
- Experience developing with Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform)
- Experience securing and working in cloud environments (such as AWS or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of supply chain security, including familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, automation, and dependency management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds, with different expertise, and with different professional and personal needs
Beneficial Experience (not required, but helpful):
- Working experience with cloud computing platforms (such as AWS or Google Cloud) and associated technologies and products within the cloud ecosystem, especially security-specific services
- Hands-on experience with data warehouses, data modelling, and analytics
- Solid understanding of identity and authorization standards like OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML
- Familiarity with cryptographic protocols and practical applications
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.